The resources below can help you make healthy eating choices.
- Choose my Plate can help you know more about each food group and how to meet your needs during your pregnancy and after your baby is born.
- March of Dimes has information to guide you on healthy eating, as well handling and cooking your food properly.
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists have answered your frequently asked questions related to healthy eating.
- Let's Move! has useful information on healthy eating while on a budget and when you start breastfeeding.
- Food Insight has a brochure that provides information on healthy eating during pregnancy including: how to eat a balanced diet, eating a variety of foods, healthy weight gain during pregnancy, and food safety concerns specific to pregnant women.
- The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is designed to assist limited resource audiences in acquiring the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and changed behaviour necessary for nutritionally sounds diets, and to contribute to their personal development and the improvement of the total family diet and nutritional well-being.
- The Nutrition Centre of the American Heart Association provides Healthy Diet Goals, Healthy Cooking and Recipes, Heart-Smart Shopping, Dining Out tips, and Cookbooks and Health Guides.
- USDA SNAP-Ed Connection has some guides on eating healthy every day, maintaining a healthy weight, and keeping your food safe.